Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 144. Wed 23rd May. Fire!


I had the shock of my life when I opened our hotel room door at 715am to see an empty corridor full of smoke (well, a fair few whisps, but it stank!). It was an underground fire in the road outside, apparently, which had shorted something in the basement of the hotel, so the fireman who appeared when I re-opened the door half dressed 3 minutes later decided we were safer staying indoors for a bit. When we got outside (via my two new friends hanging out in the stairwell), the road was blocked and there were a lot of red flashing lights and 'Ladders' there. How exciting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that would have given me a fright too, love the way you regain composure in time for a quick snap of the lovely firemen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the lovely firemen :-))
    What a scary situation though..think I'd have panicked!!

    ReplyDelete